On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 09:03:31PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
>Anyone triyng to build a cd off the current debian archive will see
>add_packages going insane. This is because what used to be Filename: in
>all Packages files is now FileName. No, I don't know why. To fix, add a
>'i' flag to each of the 4 m// statements in the main loop of
>add_packages.
>
>Probably the same fix needs to be applied to mirror_check and
>strip-nonUS-bin too.
>
>I'm told this was a mistake and it's in the process of being put back
>the way it was.

Done in CVS. I haven't done all 4 of the m// statements in each place,
just the Filename: one for now...

>I found another really wacky problem in debian-cd 2.2.2. I was trying to
>build a cd set while /bin/sh was a link to the (posix compliant) ash shell.
>
>I wasn't around to see what happened, just the aftermath. It seems that
>debian-cd somehow decided that the max ISO size was on the order of 1
>megabyte. It then created over 3 thousand seperate cd build trees for
>both i386 and source. Most of the source cd's were to contain 2 or 3
>packages. I'm still in the process of deleting the build trees; the rm -rf
>on them is taking hours..
>
>I'd suspect somewhere in the code there is a bashism that uses some
>nonstandard bash feature for ISO calculation size.

Hmmm. I'll investigate. Were you using build.sh or build_all.sh or
similar?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------