On 2 May 2002, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:

> I built three i386 images with jigdo-mirror using jigdo and template
> files from http://cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/
>
> The images were built correctly once maxMissing was raised above 25,
> just as Mattias noted. It looks like about 80 files were fetched from
> the snapshot archive for e.g. i386 disk 3.

Yeah, the most I saw was about 120-150 for one cd. 250 was big enough for
all of them to build without incident. Of course, given time this number
would become even larger.

>  This was the reason why I
> only built three CDs since downloading hundreds of files for just
> testing seemed like waste of bandwidth when an up-to-date mirror is
> sitting on the same disk. Phil, are you planning to update the
> snapshot soon?

Yeah. The reason I built all of them was to make sure that it could be
done and there was no issues anywhere.

Would it be of any interest to make these publicly available?

Since the release was postponed and we probably won't have this machine
around to when the release actually happens, we never bothered to install
rsync/httpd/ftpd and so. There is space enough on the ordinary server if I
drop manty's images that haven't updated for a month now.

Manty: Any objections?

/Mattias Wadenstein