On 24 Jul 2002, Philip Hands wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 03:34, Bradley Glonka wrote:
> > any chance we'll see "official" images on the cdimage rsync server?
>
> You mean .iso's?  On current evidence, I don't think it would be
> productive, because it would clog up cdimage.d.o to a point that the
> people that are currently successfully using jigdo, might not be able to
> grab snapshot files they might need, without really improving things.
>
> There are a few mirrors offering .iso files, so if you need them, they
> are out there.  If you tell me that those mirrors are too busy to be
> usable, then you'll be making my point for me. :-)

Well, ftp.se.debian.org are offering them, but is a bit too busy to be
nicely usable. That is why http://rsync-debcd.acc.umu.se (also with rsync
access) offers them with a very fast connection and has pretty much no
usage.

Philip: A pointer to that host on http://cdimage.d.o perhaps? A link in
the README.html or something like that?

/Mattias Wadenstein