On Wed, 28 May 2003, Kadlecsik Jozsi wrote:

> On Wed, 28 May 2003, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 28 May 2003, Attila Nagy wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> > > Maybe you are running a Linux kernel which is unable to handle bigger
> > > than 2/4 GB files...
> >
> > Heh, good place to put in a reminder to the kfki.hu guys that perhaps
> > there is such an issue there too.
> >
> > ftp: get: Access failed: 550 Can't open sarge-i386-1.iso: File too large
>
> Yes, ftpd lacked the largefile support. The daemon is recompiled and
> restarted, now it servers large files well.

Ok.

> > http: 403 Forbidden
>
> That's strange: I have just downloaded sarge-i386-1.iso without any
> problem. (Galeon does not display numbers properly, but the donwloaded
> file is OK.)

Maybe I typoed it while testing. Rsync was the one that bothered me most
since that is what I'm using to mirror that archive. And ftp had the nice
error message.

> > rsync: write failed
>
> rsync upgraded, now it seems to work fine.

Hmm.. Oops. I forgot the softlimit at 2 gig we had, that was the rsync
issue. Now we're updating fine.

/Mattias Wadenstein - have been a bit too busy to debug this