Cyril Brulebois <k...@debian.org> (2014-09-10):
> as you might have seen, a number of uploads happened lately and the d-i
> BoF notes from DebConf kindly provided by Steve (thanks!) reminded me
> about uploading d-i more often. So I think I'll try and achieve that as
> soon as linux 3.16 reaches testing (it was just uploaded to unstable,
> and FTBFSes on several architectures, so not this week ;)).

linux/linux-latest are now ready, baring nvidida (#762977).

> Some things got set into motion, like syslinux menu overhaul (mainly
> discussion around the switch to graphical by default, didn't see any
> patch yet) or tasksel changes (alternative desktops, blends support).
> I'm unsure they're going to be ready at that point, so I guess it would
> make sense not to wait for them and publish another release in the
> meanwhile. I'll probably gather opinions when linux is ready, this mail
> is mainly meant to be a heads-up.

I'll probably skip syslinux vs. multi-arch this time, mostly due to lack
of time and other large ongoing changes: let's see if we can get
debian-cd to cope with latest tasksel changes soon.

> → I'd like to know whether some bugs need special attention/fixes
>   (besides what's in unstable already).
>
> I haven't looked at recent bugs lately but I think we might be missing
> at least a ttf-cjk-compact-udeb upload (which might explain some issues
> reported against debian-edu IIRC), and I failed to upload choose-mirror
> for the past release (Aurelien uploaded it 10 days ago though, to get
> updated arch lists).

Since the kernel is now a candidate for migration, I'll probably start
urgenting more packages into testing during the weekend (all l10n-only
updates, for a start), try to figure out which packages to additionally
migrate, and freeze udeb-producing packages.

Mraw,
KiBi.