>> Actually, that was the easy part. Except for a custom built
>> grub-efi-i386 and some manual fiddling to find the install disc, I
>> didn't need to do anything.
>
> Right, OK. Not exactly a common trail, then. :-)

Well, brand new hardware that "just works" is relatively rare.

I just happen to value Debian as a starting point for most of my Linux-related
endeavours. Reduces configuration/customisation by much, and still manages to
come without unnecessary bloat like certain other distributions.
Also, I prefer apt over other package managers.

> Yup, I know - I wrote
> http://blog.einval.com/2015/04/23#ready_for_Jessie and the code
> described there. I've been hacking on Bay Trail systems for a
> ehile... :-)

*Reading that article now*

> Right. If you'd just tried the multi-arch Debian CD netinst or DVD
> you'd probably have found that the installation just worked for you
> without having to fight with your own grub-efi-ia32 build etc.!

What how where multiarch?
Ok, it looks I completely missed that. Oops.

And if I'm reading your blog correctly, the i386 images come with UEFI
support, so that would be an option too. Except that I don't really like the
idea of missing out on the advantages of amd64. But if it works...

> I'm *not* planning on adding the 32-bit grub binary packages to our
> amd64 CD images just yet. I'll want to add installer build code to get
> them booting easily in 32-bit first. Until then, please stick with the
> multi-arch images. OK?

If that's the best way to get what I want, I'll give it a try.

This seems pretty unique to Debian though?
Ubuntu doesn't ship their i386 installers with EFI boot support, and they
don't seem to have a multiarch installer either.