Package: cdrom
Tags: Update 8: 8.2 install ISO
Tags: 64-bit PC netinst iso

When I install debian on a VM using EFI system settings, deslecting everything
except standard tools and utilities, the installation completes successfully,
but when it is rebooted it hangs after the SMBus is identified. (This is a
point in time) This is the same place where the screen would change, if a GUI
was installed.

When I do the same install and deselect Desktop Environment, but select Gnome,
and the tools on the bottom. The guest operating system will boot normally.

Be nice to have a server with xorg and a web browser only install...

Thanks For Your Time
Blake

When I install debian on a VM using EFI system settings, deslecting everything
except standard tools and utilities, the installation completes successfully,
but when it is rebooted it hangs after the SMBus is identified. (This is a
point in time) This is the same place where the screen would change, if a GUI
was installed.

When I do the same install and deselect Desktop Environment, but select Gnome,
and the tools on the bottom. The guest operating system will boot normally.

Be nice to have a server with xorg and a web browser only install...

Thanks For Your Time
Blake

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in
Switzerland.