Hi again,

Steve McIntyre <st...@einval.com> (2015-10-08):
> On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 05:14:17AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > I've just pushed a patch in D-I bumping the linux kernel ABI for the
> > latest linux migration to testing, and therefore pondering when to
> > schedule a release. I'm thinking somewhen before the end of October
> > would be nice, if feasible on the debian-cd side.
>
> Works for me...

Great! I'll try and shape things up until the end of this week. I'll
reinstate a block for all udebs after tonight's britney run, and I'll
be running some more checks before a possible upload in a few days.

> > I don't think I've seen many changes lately, except for those planned
                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > on the CD side (thanks for the detailed announce!), so I'm currently
> > not anticipating bad surprises (but I'm probably lacking imagination
> > or wisdom).
>
> OK. I would like to disable the CD set builds properly again - I'm
> just about to commit that change again now. OK?

The highlighted part above was meant to be an ACK for the change, but I
agree I should have made that more explicit. To recap quickly: my main
objection last time was the lack of prior notice (visible to outside the
huge yet limited DC'15 crowd); now that it's been announced on lists and
discussed a bit, and that the feedback loop has been quiet for a while,
I'm fine with moving things ahead (even if I suspect we might hear some
more about users once the change has actually happened ;)).

> After the DC15 discussion and follow-up on the list I think I'll leave
> *one* CD1 option around, XFCE.

I've already checked with Steve that the plan looks like this:
 - getting netinst on i386/amd64 would still install Gnome;
 - but CD#1 would be specifically marked as CD1-xfce in some manner
   (through the filename), and would default to Xfce instead.

Mraw,
KiBi.