Hi,

shivgupta wrote:
> > mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0

Steve McIntyre wrote:
>  * Did you have a disc in drive sr0?
>  * Was it spun up?

The first question was my first thought, too.
But it's not about the drive spinning up, but rather the 10 to 15 seconds
it normally needs to inspect the medium.

So: Was the medium already loaded and the drive stopped blinking ?
If the drive cannot blink: Did you wait 30 seconds after loading ?

If the tray had to be loaded by the mount command, then the affected
package is the Linux kernel. The regression that automatic tray loading
shows not enough patience was introduced somewhere between 2.6.18 and
3.16.

(My theory is that in drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c the loop under
   /* try to eat the UNIT_ATTENTION if there are enough retries */
 once had some own sleep action but now quickly performs three SCSI
 commands TEST UNIT READY and then gives up.
 Or maybe the code in drivers/scsi/sr.c under
   /* let's see whether the media is there with TUR */
 once was a loop which retried if the was "not ready".)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas