Control: tags -1 + confirmed

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for reporting!

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:27:07 +0100
Wolfgang Scheicher <w.scheic...@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:

> After switching from stretch to buster i realized that the
> Hardware Detection Tool (HDT) in the Advanced options Boot menu fails
> with this error:
>
> Undef symbol FAIL: exp
> Failed to load libgpl.c32
> Failed to load COM32 file hdt.c32
> boot:

This problem seems to have been introduced by compiling syslinux with a
newer GCC version.  There was a mail about this to the syslinux
Mailinglist containing a patch in August [1] which I somehow missed
(despite being subscribed…).

I've just built libgpl.c32 with the patch applied and based on the
`readelf` output I believe the patch fixes the problem.  I'll do an
actual test soon and if everything checks out upload a fixed version.

Regards
Lukas

[1] https://www.syslinux.org/archives/2018-August/026159.html