Hi,

I have a feeling that non-free firmware inclusion is not working in simple-cdd on Bullseye.

Can anyone confirm that they have a simple-cdd project which has been observed to include non-free firmware in the image when run on Bullseye?

I have a simple-cdd project which includes non-free firmware when run on Buster, but fails to include non-free firmware when run on Bullseye.

It's been suggested to me to include `export FORCE_FIRMWARE=1` in the conf file, but this still doesn't result in the firmware being included in the image.

What I have observed, if this is useful information, is that:

1. When I run my project without FORCE_FIRMWARE, I see a file called `<my_project>/tmp/cd-build/bullseye/firmware-packages` which includes the name of the firmware I want to add to the image.

2. When I run my project with FORCE_FIRMWARE, I see a file called `<my_project>/tmp/cd-build/bullseye/firmware-packages` AND a file called `<my_project>/tmp/cd-build/bullseye/tasks/firmware` and both these files include the name of the firmware I want to add to the image.

But the firmware never finds its way into the image.

If it's any use, here's the project: https://github.com/countermeasure/basic-box/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott