Control: reassign -1 debian-cd

Hello,

Cyril Brulebois, le dim. 22 août 2021 16:02:20 +0200, a ecrit:
> Samuel Thibault <sthiba...@debian.org> (2021-08-22):
> > As mentioned in the Bullseye errata, there seems to be a number of
> > sound cards that require loading a firmware to be able to emit sound
> > (e.g. Intel SOF). Unfortunately currently the installer loads firmware
> > after loading the ISO image, while speech synthesis is needed at the
> > very first interaction with the user, which is usually before that. We'd
> > thus want (for the firmware-enabled image) to include firmware in the
> > initrd somehow.
>
> For context, that's sof I was fighting with:
>
> https://tracker.debian.org/news/1245087/accepted-hw-detect-1147-source-into-unstable/
>
> > We discussed a bit on IRC, possibly we could just, at debian-cd step,
> > catenate the cpio archives, or unpack/assemble/repack, or ship several
> > initrds.
>
> And once booted on my sof-enabled laptop, it starts speaking, so I
> suppose that's a successful PoC; next step is to confirm whether
> tweaking debian-cd to do the cat dance looks good to Steve as well.

I had a try at adding support to debian-cd, I can up with this:
https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/debian-cd/-/merge_requests/23

It actually follows the debian-edu way which uses cpio -oA to append
content. That makes it simpler for anybody who would be trying to gunzip
the initrd.gz

Cyril, could you try on the actual hardware the resulting image:
https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/tmp/debian-sid-amd64-NETINST-1.iso

debian-cd people, could you have a look?

It would be also very worth applying to the bullseye images.

Samuel