On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 07:28:46PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> Package: debian-cd
> Severity: wishlist
>
> Currently all images except the standard image is >= 3.0 GB. I think
> providing a smaller graphical image with enlightenment (or icewm or wmaker
> or even all three together) to provide a graphical smaller disk image would
> be nice. It can be useful for smaller pen drives and people just wanting to
> test live images with more features than standard image (check video driver,
> wifi driver, sound and other hardware before installing).

Just a heads-up: you may want to close this/reassign to debian-live.
Debian-cd don't have anything to do with the live builds except to
test them occasionally.

I doubt that the images will get smaller - they effectively include a
live filesystem to copy into RAM in order to run so they need to be
that big. Adding another desktop or three will require another dedicated
image and there's nobody much maintaining live images at all at the moment,
unfortunately.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy C.