Package: debian-cd

Hello,

I found debian provide several variants of iso images, including CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, etc. However, an important variant of iso image, DVD-DL image, is not officially released. DVD-DL (8.5G, Dual Layer DVD) nearly doubles the capacity compared to ordinary DVD (4.7G). As software become bigger and bigger, I think it is beneficial to release offical DVD-DL images.

To my knowledge, most optical disc drives in PC and servers are DVD drives, which are compatible with DVD-DL discs. And I rarely seen a computer with Blu-Ray drives. So releasing DVD-DL images can benefit these users directly. (Gentoo already releases their Live ISO image in DVD-DL, and Microsoft also release Windows in DVD-DL)

Best Regards,
Zhang Boyang