Hi,

the use of xorrisofs/genisoimage option -f would convert those links
into shared content data files, too.

Side note:

Differing from my statement in bug #1031696, the current xorriso version
does not complain about dangling symbolic links when -f is given. It
silently includes them as symbolic links in the ISO.
I will change the behavior so that a SORRY message is emitted in this
case. With default settings of xorriso this will cause a non-zero exit
value of xorriso. But processing will go on as with the current version.

genisoimage -f emits a warning and does not include the dangling link in
the result. I.e. the file is missing in the ISO.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas