Hi,

Roland Clobus <rclo...@rclobus.nl> (2024-03-21):
> On 21/03/2024 15:58, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

[…]

> The diagram shows nicely that the t64-transition is affecting the
> installer, with currently 1 major bottleneck, libpng16-16t64-udeb:
> https://d-i.debian.org/dose/graph-unstable-amd64.png

Glad you like it, those have been quite useful a very long while back;
it's been a while since the last time we had such a huge archive-wide
transition…

> > Do you have more details? That thing doesn't exist, but libaio.so.1
> > does (different suffix order).
>
> My bad, I reversed the order when typing.

No worries, thanks for confirming.

> I've done some basic triaging in the openQA comment:
> https://openqa.debian.net/tests/244163#comments
>
> The installer fails here:
> https://openqa.debian.net/tests/244163#step/grub/3
>
> Some details are here (/var/log/syslog):
> https://openqa.debian.net/tests/244163#step/grub/35

Thanks, that's pvs from lvm2-udeb; for some reason libaio1-udeb got
t64-transitioned, and without an lvm2 rebuild, its tools will want the
non-t64 version.

I'm a bit conflicted about what to do here. At the moment, libaio1-udeb
is the only udeb with t64 (at least according to the output of
`apt-file search -Iudeb t64`); but a rebuild of the reverse dependencies
would be sufficient (and might happen at some point anyway).

For the sake of consistency, I think I'm tempted to suggest a revert of
the udeb part (it wasn't renamed so there's a contents vs. package name
mismatch anyway).

> > In any case, there are no reasons to complicate the t64 transition with
> > transitioning udebs, so I wouldn't be surprised if “images” (whatever
> > they are) built against old udebs would break if newer udebs are pulled
> > from the network.
>
> The images I've spoken of are the daily-built Debian live ISO-images based
> on sid. They are built by Jenkins https://jenkins.debian.net/view/live/

OK, but what I meant to say is that the failure mode I was alluding to
isn't specific to d-i daily builds, or debian-cd builds, or live builds;
that's something that can happen, and might do until things stabilize.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>