This is very cool.

We can almost get OpenStack Glance to consume the generated images
directly:

openstack image create puck-faime
glance location-add \
  --url https://images.fai-project.org/files/$your_file puck-faime

But it currently downloads the compressed file and stores the
compressed file, it doesn't even try to decompress it.

There is the potential to use a Glance Task to decompress the image,
but that requires someone with the admin role (a cloud operator) to set
it up:
  https://docs.openstack.org/glance/latest/admin/tasks.html

Currently the only option is to get it locally, decompress it, then
upload the image.

Cheers,
Andrew

--