On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 09:54:04PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > ### EC2 upload
> >
> > No idea yet.  There is a script in our repo to create a single image.
> > But I see nothing that would handle the whole pipeline with replicating
> > and registering AMI in all the regions.
>
> Shouldn't we have something already?  Even the wiki does not provide
> information.

The scripts are at https://salsa.debian.org/noahm/ec2-image-builder,
where they've always been (well, accounting for the alioth->salsa
migration). Check the list archives if you missed it previously.

Please remember that the stretch EC2 AMIs have been updated pretty much
constantly in all AWS regions (with every kernel or core package update,
and every point release) since stretch was released. I consider
publication of our FAI-based images to AWS to be pretty much a solved
problem.

Note that I don't really consider these scripts complete, in that they
don't necessarily all have as nice a UI as they might, and they could
all be a little more flexible. But they work for me, and I'm not really
inclined to work on them further as it's clear that some others don't
like how I've solved the problem and the inability to reach a
satisfactory conclusion to the debates around how/where to build images
has left me without motivation for further involvement...

noah