On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 10:17:53AM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> As a follow-up with the discussion about agent inside VMs, I wonder if
> we should install qemu-guest-agent inside our images. Normally, it
> provides what Ted was talking about: hooks for freezing filesystem,
> mysql, etc.

I don't think users of Amazon EC2 would expect this agent to be
installed by default. I'd imagine the case would be similar for GCE and
Azure.  If it makes sense in common openstack deployment scenarios, then
I'm fine with installing it by default there. Otherwise, I'd be happiest
just leaving this to the admin to set up via cloud-init or similar.

noah