On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 02:12:27PM -0700, Zach Marano wrote:
>    I propose we start planning the next Debian Cloud Sprint.

Sounds like a plan. With DebConf coming up, I suspect there might be an
opportunity to do a bit of planning face-to-face, as well as via email
etc.

I've created a wiki entry for the sprint, with all details left TBD:
https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2019/DebianCloud2019

>    I offer that we (Google) host this year in Seattle sometime in
>    October. Does anyone have any comments, ideas, or issues with
>    starting this planning process?  Alternatively, we did talk about
>    hosting the next sprint on the east coast of the US or Canada. If
>    that is something people are interested in, I am willing to look
>    into that as well. The downside being that all large cloud
>    providers are based in Seattle and may not be able to get as many
>    people to attend.

I personally prefer Seattle, but we've dragged the Europeans all the way
out here enough that we should probably give them a break. I could
probably make October on the east coast work. Preferences would be
Boston, then NYC.

I've reached out to contacts at MIT to see if they'd be able to provide
a venue for this year in the Boston area. I know they've got some people
quite active in the Debian and OpenStack cloud areas who could provide
sponsorship.