> Amazon recently launched two new regions, Hong Kong (ap-east-1) and
> Bahrain (me-south-1). All new regions after March 20, 2019 come on a
> opt-in basis [1], thus you might not have seen them show up unless you
> saw the news when they were introduced. Would it be possible to have
> stretch images published for these regions?

Yep, that's an oversight on my end. The need to opt in to new regions
is not something I've fully internalized yet.

The AMIs in the AWS marketplace should be launchable in the new regions.
See https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B073HW9SP3 and let me know if
it'll work for you. The Marketplace AMIs are identical to the ones we
publish directly.

I'll see about getting the new regions enabled for the Debian account
that we use for publishing the AMIs on
https://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/AmazonEC2Image/Stretch

noah