Hi All,

Sorry I missed the IRC meet, just catching up on it now.

Looks like we're officially on for MIT.

(03:14:08 PM) noahm: people who are sensitive to snoring can sleep
                     next to the white-noise source that is MIT's
                     OpenStack installation.

considering that's colocated with our GPU cluster it may permenently
solve any problems with hearing people snore.

Accommodation
-------------
there's a lot of choice (and it is all fairly priicey
unfortunately). As a visitor Noah may actually have better info than I
but:

https://www.kendallhotel.com/

closest place to stay ~300 meters to MIT and less than 100 meters to
subway. I generally recommend this to visitors and alway gets a good
review. Price isn't bad by Boston standards but not exactly cheap at
$375/night.

http://www.theportersquarehotel.com/

is 2 stops further out by subway so also fairly convenient and right
now seems like the most reasonable price ($275/night) a quick look around what I
consider geographically "convenient" both to be in and to get to/from.
I don't have any specific knowlege of the property but internet
reviews seem good...

Transit
-------
Public transit from airport is decent by American standards (which
isn't saying a lot) and free of charge.  I usually take public tranit
from the airport but grab Lyft or taxi to get there (right now Lyft
says that trip is $21 from MIT).

Silverline tram service will take you from any terminal to South Station.

From there you can get free tranfer to Redline Subway service "inbound
to Alewife" to either "Kendall/MIT" (for Kendall hotel or MIT) or
"Porter Square" for The Porter Square Hotel. Most other likely options
are also along this route.

A/V notes
---------

The room has projector, screen and whiteboard.  With
talk of maybe remote people there's also a camera system that could be
used to stream live (currently via YouTube I belive) though that's one
way and not sure if the room mics would pickup but if that's of
interest ot the "maybe remote" people we could look at it.  It would
be one way but may be helpful in followign along addign comments
through IRC or whatever.

Catering
--------

Yes, afaik we're still looking for (a) food sponsor(s).

-Jon