On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 10:32:41PM -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > Do we have a list of stuff that runs on our old AWS account?  As we need
> > to migrate all of this to our new engineering account, it would be nice
> > to actually know what runs there.  It would be even better if we know
> > how this is all setup.
>
> ci.debian.net runs there. 1 master server and 12 workers. what exactly
> do you mean with "how this is all setup"? the stu
>
> there is also https://collab.debian.net/ which is run by Valessio Brito
> (but the instance was created by me).

Were the instances created by hand? Or using a tool like AWS
CloudFormation, TerraForm, etc? Are they managed using some kind of
configuration management system, or is it all manual?

For some background, the AWS account under which these instances are
running is owned by an individual DD, not SPI/Debian. We have created a
new account that is properly manageable and officially recognized by
SPI. We'd like to migrate as much as possible to the new account.

The old account won't go away completely, as it is where the pre-buster
AMIs live, and they can't be migrated between accounts. So there's not
an immediate sense of urgency, but we'd like to get things moved as soon
as possible.

Practically speaking, moving services to the new account will involve
launching replacement instances. If they were created/managed by a tool,
rather than by hand, this is much easier, hence Bastian's question.

noah