On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 10:24:24AM +0100, kuLa wrote:
> > on my side I would have no objections with a removal.
>
> Should we actively ask for removal or wait till normal bugs will become RC and
> removal for all py2 packages is going to be compulsory?
> I personally am ok with both.

In my experience, early removal is preferable. It gives users an
indication that they should be looking for alternatives now, while
things are still reasonably safe to use. They can migrate in their own
time frame. Whereas if we wait until a (possibly security related) RC
bug, the transition is much more abrupt for the users.

The big question to me is whether the packages should be removed from
(old)stable. In general, I'd say yes for the same reasons as above. By
keeping the packages in the archive, we are presenting a level of
support for them that we may not actually be prepared to meet.