On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 at 11:29, Freeman, Matthew <freem...@amazon.com> wrote:
> Hello Debian team. AWS Marketplace is working on a session for AWS re:Invent
> this year on utilizing trusted base images to build and deploy
> container-based applications. This would present a great opportunity to
> highlight Debian as one of those key images for customers to utilize BUT we
> need to get that container image published into AWS MP. How can we schedule
> this work with your team to get completed ahead of RIV in early December?
> Thanks.

>From your previous descriptions, it sounds like it's probably as
"easy" as having someone go into the AWS console and trigger updates
there when something in [1] merges and is built/available (given that
my understanding is that the images for the AWS registry are typically
simply pulled from Docker Hub).

[1]:
https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Alibrary%2Fdebian

Perhaps someone who actually has access to said console could confirm
whether that's something which could be done?

As a sidebar, when AWS pulls one of these images, what does it do in
the face of a manifest list?  Will it pull/sync all the architectures,
only architectures supported by Amazon, or will it ignore the manifest
list entirely and pull just amd64?

♥,
- Tianon
  4096R / B42F 6819 007F 00F8 8E36  4FD4 036A 9C25 BF35 7DD4