On Fri, Dec 06, 2019 at 04:42:18PM +0100, Dick Visser wrote:
> I'm struggling to add custom nameservers to /etc/resolv.conf.
> The file gets overwritten on reboot, but I can't find out where this is done.
> Any ideas?

On our cloud images, resolv.conf is managed by dhclient, which is
invoked by ifup and is responsible for setting up the network interfaces
based on DHCP negotiation with a remote service provided by the cloud
provider.

The /sbin/dhclient-script shell script contains a function
make_resolv_conf(), which generates and installs the new resolv.conf.
If needed, you can redefine that function by placing a script fragment
in /etc/dhcp/dhclient-enter-hooks.d/

noah