On 2020-07-29 08:01:19, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 03:40:14PM -0700, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> > Actually, the problem seems to have been caused by
> > https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/debian-cloud-images/-/merge_requests/192/
> > Prior to that MR, we weren't using systemd-growfs at all.
>
> Prior to that we did not have any grow capability at all in several
> setup, so reverting is not really an option.

I'd say reverting is always an option and in some cases when behaviour becomes
erratic I'd prefer to revert to expected lack of something that having
inconsistency across whole fleet of instances.

> > I've confirmed impact on amd64 instances as well as the arm64 instances
> > on which originally observed it.  It also seems like this could impact
> > our images on other cloud services besides Amazon EC2, but I haven't
> > tested there.
>
> I'll take a look later.  None of the instances I tested showed this
> behaviour.

Thank Waldi.
--

|_|_|0|                  "Panta rei"                     |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x686930DD58C338B3
3DF1  A4DF  C732  4688  38BC  F121  6869  30DD  58C3  38B3