Hi

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 03:33:53PM +0200, Frédéric Bonnard wrote:
> I test the cloud images from unstable and since 2 days, the tests fail
> to resize the qcow2 files :
> example using
> https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/sid/daily/latest/debian-sid-nocloud-amd64-daily.qcow2
>  :

Thanks for the report.  I was now able to reproduce it.

> Any idea what's happening ?
> This used to work and still works on testing/bullseye cloud images.
> unstable cloud image 3days ago with kernel 5.19.0-2 worked.
> unstable cloud image 2days ago with kernel 6.0.0-1 did not work and fails
> since then.
> I don't know about the intrinsics of cloud image generation. Something could
> have
> change there as well.

Maybe running fsck before shipping the image will make it work better.
Currently we rely on the kernel of the build system to provide us with a
clean file system.

Bastian

--
Lots of people drink from the wrong bottle sometimes.
                -- Edith Keeler, "The City on the Edge of Forever",