Dear Debian Common Lisp team,

with pleasure I noticed that Debian still packages the good old HOL88
theorem proving tool.

I was wondering whether a port to the SBCL Common Lisp implementation
would be of any interest to, for packaging purposes. While I like the
currently used implementation GCL for its tight integration with the
GNU compiler collection, I found that HOL88 runs way faster on
SBCL, at least when telling by the benchmark that is
included. Considering that not many distributions package HOL88 as of
today, I assume that a considerable fraction of today's HOL88
users would benefit from the speedup if a SBCL port would be
distributed.

If this is of any interest to you, feel free to check out a first
working example of a port: [1]. Comments are appreciated.

Best regards,

Isidor Zeuner

[1] https://github.com/zeuner/HOL88/tree/sbcl

Diese E-Mail und die Anhaenge koennen vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich
geschuetzte Informationen enthalten. Jegliches unbefugtes Kopieren,
Veroeffentlichen, Verteilen oder Verbreiten der Inhalte ist
untersagt. / This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. Any unauthorised copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly prohibited.