Michael Gilbert <mgilb...@debian.org> writes:
> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> So all deferring for another cycle does is leave Debian with annoying
>> cumbersome init scripts and unsolvable race conditions for another cycle.
>
> Which have already been solved for a long time now.

No, they haven't. Try eg. various combinations of layering md-raid,
cryptsetup, lvm and btrfs on top of each other. If you feel particularly
adventurous, add some storage devices that take minutes to initialize or
need a working network connection (disclaimer: I haven't personally
tried the latter, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to make things work
better).

Best,
Nikolaus

--