On Sun, Feb 09, 2014 at 07:55:48PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I hereby call for votes on the following resolution
>
>    If the project passes (before the release of jessie) by a General
>    Resolution, a "position statement about issues of the day", on the
>    subject of init systems, the views expressed in that position
>    statement entirely replace the substance of any TC resolution (past
>    or future) on the same topic; the TC hereby adopts any such
>    position statement as its own decision.
>
>    Such a position statement could, for example, use these words:
>
>       The Project requests (as a position statement under s4.1.5 of the
>       Constitution) that the TC reconsider, and requests that the TC
>       would instead decide as follows:

In the interest of avoiding any procedural accidents given that there's been
a formal CFV on each of these resolutions:  I vote 'FD' on each, leaving all
other options unranked (i.e., below 'FD').

As I've already said, I share Ian's concern that Bdale's call for votes was
disrespectful, depriving his fellow committee members of the right to
participate in the drafting process, which is just as much an exploit of the
voting system as tactical voting is.  But this barrage of CFVs only
compounds the problem.

I do support the idea of fixing the constitution to require a minimum
discussion period on ballots for TC resolutions.

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org