Martin Bähr dijo [Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 11:58:41AM +0200]:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 09:08:30AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > > Bananas - proprietary trial ware, suffers from rapid bit-rot,
> > the quick banana bitrot process could be lengthened and improved
>
> i'd like to object to the notion that bananas bit-rot rapidly. on the
> contrary, bananas can still be consumed when the peel starts to turn
> black. in fact the longer you wait the sweeter they get. bit-rot does
> not even set in until after those black spots appear. at that point
> however bit-rot happens at the same speed as with most products.
>
> the common perception of banana bit-rot is skewed by supermarkets
> exclusively serving alpha and beta quality products that require the
> user to wait until the product has reached maturity. most users consume
> bananas prematurely and are thus not aware of how a mature banana is
> supposed to taste like.

Buff... Around 2.5 years ago, I spent a vacation in Playa Azúl,
Michoacán (South-Western Pacific coast of Mexico). The people I stayed
with gave me a bunch of bananas ripened on the plant. Each was the
size to 2-3 regular bananas, and realllllly delicious! Uncomparable to
any bananas I have ever found in the city.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gw...@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244