Paul Wise dijo [Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 07:21:07AM +0800]:
> In practice almost everyone has non-free in their sources.list due to
> most firmware being non-free. Also most developers will have non-free
> in their sources.list due to various GNU documentation being in
> non-free.

Don't know. In my case, and in all of the machines I have aided
configure, if non-free firmware is required, I just download that
package and install it, without adding non-free. As a developer, I
very often use online documentation.

> Also most users will have non-free in their sources.list due
> to things like Flash.

That, sadly, is true.

But anyway - I'm pushing this to -curiosa, as I think it is not on
topic for -vote. Ok, the original question is, but all this further
ellaboration not so.