Nikolaus Rath dijo [Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 04:41:15PM -0700]:
> On Jul 22 2016, martin f krafft <madd...@debian.org> wrote:
> > also sprach Lionel Elie Mamane <lio...@mamane.lu> [2016-07-22 12:14 +0200]:
> >> Since Debian is an international project, with many (I expect a
> >> majority but am too lazy to check) of non-native English speakers,
> >> maybe taking a more unwieldy, but more clear route, would be better:
> >> Chairperson?
> >
> > Seriously… are we going to debate this now? Let's just vote and be
> > done with it. Please. With a cherry.
> >
> > Btw, we've had DebConf Chairs too and nobody complained.
>
> Well, that probably just means that they were pretty comfortable, so no
> one had reason to complain.

The position of a Chair is not comfortable at all, and that's probably
the main reason for five of us hastily resigning (and only one in a
properly orchestrated way).

Still, it's better to be a Chair than to be a part of the Standing
Committee. But, come to think of it, I was at least once in both
roles. Yes, our committee is not formally defined as standing, but
lacking chairs, it's implicit.