Le 25 juillet 2017 00:46:03 GMT+02:00, Cyril Brulebois <k...@debian.org> a
écrit :
>Hi,
>
>Yves-Alexis Perez <cor...@debian.org> (2017-07-24):
>> On Sat, 2017-07-22 at 08:47 +0200, Aurélien COUDERC wrote:
>> > With my brand new knowledge of the available tools, I’d go for the
>following
>> > workflow :
>> > - Iterate on :
>> >   o  commit and push changes without touching d/changelog
>> > - When ready to push a package, from a clean git tree :
>> >   o  gbp dch -R
>> >   o  Review/fix changelog
>> >   o  git commit -a -m "Prepare for $version release"
>> >   o  gbp buildpackage --git-tag

After a bit more research it can even be trimmed to :
- During development cycle :
  o  git commit x n
- For release :
  o  gbp dch -R --commit
  o  gbp buildpackage --git-tag

>> I usually commit with debcommit, so I do the changelog edit at the
>same time.
>> Not sure how other teams do though. I'm not really familiar with gbp
>workflow
>> either.
>
>FWIW we're also doing changelog edits along with the actual changes on
>the
>debian-boot@ side, and debcommit -a (plus -e or git commit --amend)
>works
>just fine; plus there's no special magic when release time comes. Just
>dch -r, done. (Worked also fine for debian-x@.)

Right, thanks for your feedbacks.

I must say I don't like so much to have to edit d/changelog every time during
development.
In my opinion it mostly contains redundant (= commit messages) and incorrect
(release distribution, date, author) information.
So I prefer the idea that it can be mostly auto-generated when preparing a
release.

It must have drawbacks like the need to have a clean git history (drawback,
really ?) and probably other things I didn't think of.

Thoughts on this ?

Cheers,
--Aurélien