Hello Debian desktop  suers.... I am a happy Dabian 9 user. I would like to
report an issue I am experiencing. In the past I used a package 'reportbug' to
report bugs, but by design, I have to identify what package the issue is
related to.

I am not sure exactly what may be the cause of the issue, and I am reaching out
to you for help to identify what part of Debian might be causing this issue.

The issue:  I am using a second monitor (external monitor connected via a
displayport - LG 29UM57-P). External monitor connected to my laptop - Lenovo
T420.
External monitor does not display video at the desired resolution and the
aspect ratio.

Currently maximum displayed resolution - 1920 x 1080
Currently maximum aspect ratio - 16:9

Expected resolution - 2560 x 1080
Expected ratio - 21:9

This same exact issue exist on my other machine Lenovo X230 with external
monitor of exact same model.

Previous version of Debian 8 (jessie) worked with out any issue with the
monitor at the correct and expected resolution and the aspect ratio.

After installing a fresh version of Debian 9 (Stretch), I am unable to use the
external monitor at its maximum resolution. Debian 9 (Stretch) was a full
installation from scratch (not an upgrade).

All cables has been tested, and hardware issues has been ruled out.

I am not sure if I should be filing a bug report identifying Gnome3, or X11 or
x.org as a cause of the issue or some other part of the OS.

Could you please advise what is the best way to file a bug so it get's to the
correct team.

Thank you.

Damien