Ian Jackson spoke unto the world and said:
>Package: perl
>Version: 5.001-6 (a.out)

I've taken over the package and upgraded to version 5.002-1.  This is my
very first debian package, so I only put it in private/project/Incoming
and asked people to comment on it on debian-devel.  I wanted to make
sure that I did it correctly before making it available for public
consumption.

>While running `top' to see how the Perl postinst was getting on I saw:
>
>root      8507 11.4  0.8  105  160 v02 S    01:57   0:03 find
>/usr/lib/perl5/i486-linux -type f -exec chmod 644 {} ;

This is still in 5.002-1.  I just took most parts of it and changed what
I needed to make ver 5.002-1.  This line is still in there.  I am
checking right now to see if it is necessary.  I'm using the installperl
script to install it now since it gets rather complex to install these
days.

>1. Can't you arrange to create them with the right permissions to
>start with ?

Maybe, probably, yes.

>2. Why not use xargs ?  That would be _much_ faster.  Use find -print0
>combined with xargs -0 if it is important that files with newlines in
>their names are treated correctly.

I'll do this if I need to but I doubt it will be necessary.

Darren
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.daft.com/~torin/>    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-800-921-4996