Package: emacs
Version: 19.29-3

My /var/lib/emacs/lock directory contains many old lock files.

I'm quite happy to believe that the occasional leftover lock is
unavoidable, but steps should be taken to clean them up.

Furthermore, all the pathnames for the lockfiles are world-readable.
This is not what one would expect, and confidential information is not
infrequently present in filenames.  The best solution might be to put
the filename or other information about the file through a
cryptographically strong one-way function (eg SHA-1 or MD5) and only
include the filename in the file itself (which should be readable
only by owner).

I don't think all the files should be world-writeable, either.

Ian.