On Friday 30 August 2030 06:50, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 03:43:32PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:
> > I don't have a real opinion, but i do thing that looks begin to matter
> > for linux apps and desktops...
>
>   I agree with you. I think that the default Distribution theme really
>   matters; RH and MDK have very nice default desktop themes but Debian
>   doesn't have any. I know that they hired graphic artists.
>   AFAIK, we don't have any. I'm sure we could find volonteers.
>
>   My 2 cents.
>
>   Cheers,

I also agree.  There was a moment of "bah we are not a company" but in the
end, I think a little help in giving our users a good looking default would
go a long way.  Of course not being a KDE or GNOME user I would also like to
see this extended to the simple window managers as well.

Provided we *ONLY* muck with things like colors, icons, and root images this
should be fine.  Actually changing code like RH did to remove the About box
would not be good.