On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 03:52:38PM -0400, David Z Maze wrote:
> "Jamin W. Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 08:25:16PM +0200, Robert Lemmen wrote:
> >> me too! any package that doesn't build on m68k or arm is broken and
> >> needs to be fixed, even if it works on x86 by chance!
> >
> > So, are you volunteering to help those of us without access to
> > either of the above architectures with "bugs" found in our packages?
>
> But Debian has ~public machines for pretty much every architecture.
> I'd say "look on http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi";, except that's
> down; I can at least point you at section 4.4 of the Developer's
> Reference, though that doesn't say a whole lot beyond this.  I admit
> that this doesn't necessarily help for testing installers, but for
> your own packages it should be straightforward for you to do testing
> and bugfixing even on architectures you don't personally own a machine
> for.

Now you're assuming that I have access to the Debian machines.  TMK,
these machines are *not* public access machines, but instead are
accessible to full DDs only.  This excludes all new maintainer
applicants, myself included.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar