[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kai Henningsen) writes:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christian Schwarz)  wrote on 01.06.97 in <[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]>:
>
> > Where is the arch specification string used, i.e. what will break if we
> > change it to be "i386-linux" on intel systems?
>
> I'm not competent enough to answer this. Anything tightly integrated with
> gcc, but is there anything that doesn't break already when the version
> numbers don't match exactly?

If i486-linux were changed to i386-linux then I would have to
repackage Checker and reupload it.  This would take a couple hours but
wouldn't be too difficult.

However, I don't see any point to the change.  `A foolish consistency
is the hobgoblin of little minds.' --Emerson
--
Ben Pfaff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12167 Airport Rd, DeWitt MI 48820, USA
*Note*: New PGP key available at http://www.msu.edu/user/pfaffben/pgp.html