Andy Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 12:48:30PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> * Ian Jackson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>>> I don't bounce it.  I reject it at SMTP time with a 4xx or 5xx code.

>> Congradulations!  You've found the problem!

> You would prefer that Ian:

> a) inflict bounce spam scatter on the forged from addresses in the
>   malware and spam he doesn't want to accept delivery for; or

> b) silently discards such mails resulting in the possibility of
>   legitimate mail being lost; or

> c) just accepts the spam/malware?
[...]

Hello,
FWIW he currently does a. Rejecting at SMTP time causes backscatter on
forwarded mail, as the forwarding host cannot reject because it
already has accepted the mail.

For my personal mail I usually reject spam that is directly delivered
and drop the one I receive through forwarding. - Which is easy for me
as this is just my personal mail and I know which hosts forward to me.
- I guess this is next to impossile for Ian.
              cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute