  Date:   Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:33:58 +0200
  From: Arjan van de Ven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
  Subject: [announce] Linux-ready Firmware Developer Kit

  The Intel Open Source Technology Center is pleased to announce the
  availability of the first release of the Linux*-ready Firmware Developer Kit.

  What it is

  The Linux-ready Firmware Developer Kit is an open source tool to test how
  well Linux works together with the firmware (BIOS) of your machine. The kit
  consists of a bootable CD that runs a series of tests and then presents the
  results on the screen for interactive inspection. The tests all check an
  aspect of the firmware that Linux uses or depends on for optimal operation.

  Who it is for

  The primary target for the kit is firmware development and test teams at
  companies that produce their own system BIOS. With this kit, we
  provide these teams a tool that is easy to learn and use to do a basic set
  of Linux-related sanity checks on the firmware code during the various phases
  of the development cycle.

  In addition, we hope this tool is useful for kernel developers and
  Linux distributors in diagnosing bug reports when there is a suspicion of a
  bad interaction between Linux and the firmware.

  Participate

  We welcome all participation in this open source project. Feedback, bug
  reports, code contributions, and suggestions for new tests are welcomed.
  We anticipate the kernel development community helping this tool become
  even more useful by giving us feedback on those tests which are needed
  the most.

  More information and download

  For more information about this open source project and how to download
  the tool, visit our project Web site at:

                http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--
http://v7w.com/anibal