On Wednesday 08 August 2007 01:24:06 pm Tim Hull wrote:
> > I guess that is a bug in iceweasel wrt. the default parameters.
> >
> > Anyway, you should use epiphany instead, which doesn't have this issue
> > in etch :)
>
> It's not just etch - this happens on lenny/sid as well.
> I guess I should file a bug on this - it appears to be fixed in Ubuntu, so
> maybe there's a patch there that could be used.
>
> Regarding drivers, I know there are source packages in non-free (and main,
> for some free but out-of-tree drivers) and the module-assistant will build
> these.  I was just suggesting a more GUI-oriented approach (like Ubuntu
> Restricted Manager) - though non-free drivers would ONLY be displayed when
> non-free is in sources.list.
>
> Regarding frequency scaling - it didn't work for me (I had to manually
> enable it, though I didn't need a custom kernel or anything like that).
> I'll investigate further and possibly file a bug.

At least with debian.org, it appears the CSS specifies a font of "Arial,
Helvetica, sans-serif", which means if msttcorefonts isn't installed, it
falls back to the ugly bitmap Helvetica fonts.  Which seems more like a bug
in the CSS for a website for free software, than in the web browsers obeying
this directive.
--
Daniel Schepler