Hi,

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 08:49:57 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 12:17:03AM +0300, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > Ok, just pushed the Homepage field support into dpkg git. Chose Homepage
> > as that was what was requested on 142324 and what has mostly been used
> > on the pseudo-header in the Description field.

> Can you please give us some details? Some questions follow ...

> - if I got this correctly it means that I can start adding 'Homepage'
>   fields (no heading 'X', no fake fields in description) to my
>   debian/controls, right?

Yes, you'll get several warnings from different dpkg-* programs and the
field will be ignored until you start using the new dpkg, though.

> - should the field be put in the source stanza of debian/control or in
>   the various binary stanzas?

Yes, only in the source stanza (the ones in the binary stanzas will be
ignored and warned), and it will propagate to the source and all the
binary packages.

I don't think it makes sense to have different Homepage fields on the
binary stanzas, but if someone can think of a case it might be useful
I could change it to override the source stanza field.

> - probably not dpkg's business, but will the field flow to the Packages
>   files of the archive? What about the Sources?

Yes, all fields that get into the binary packages should end up in the
meta indices.

regards,
guillem