Quoting Pierre Habouzit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 08:19:14PM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 I am wondering if you have anything to elaborate with or if that was
just a vague unsubstantiated statement. As Opera frequently releases
security updates packaged for the latest version of Debian I do not see
what potential problems coud result other than needing to roll out a new
version in the security repository.

  because security updates in debian are supposed to be ad minimum. We
don't know what opera puts in their upgrades. Possibly worse than the
bug they fix.

Ok. Sow how are security updates done in Debian? Do you just patch the old software or do you test and release a new version. At least no one has found the new bugs yet, a few days delay could be big trouble.
 There appear to be several spaces before my sig.

Albert Einstein