On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:18:39 -0500, John Goerzen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I don't really think that chroot is the appropriate tool for this.
> Why not something more strongly isolated, such as vserver, OpenVZ, or
> even Xen or UML for this?

        I've always used an UML for this.  I need to automate my
 workflow a bit more -- there are two parts of building packages; one
 set of operations run as root (build depends loading, and running
 piuparts), and another set which is run as a user running perhaps under
 fake root (the real build etc).  I can use an @boot cron job to run
 stuff; but I have not done so since specifying SELinux policy for this
 is not gonna be fun (run as root in some security domain, and then
 start a dpkg-buildpackage as root in the usr_t domain), and I have been
 being lazy.

        I already have a shell version of satisfy_builddeps, so all I
 really need is to have the policy snippet, and I'll publish my building
 in a SELinux uml/kvm virtual machine thing.

        In my copious spare time, of course.

        manoj
--
It's a naive, domestic operating system without any breeding, but I
think you'll be amused by its presumption.