Daniel Baumann wrote, Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:43 AM

out of curiousity.. imagine a package where:

 * the Debian maintainer is also upstream maintainer
 * the package has practically no users (popcon << 10)
 * the package has RC bugs
 * the RC bugs are fixed upstream
 * the RC bugs are tagged pending in the BTS
 * the fixed package doesn't get uploaded (e.g. due to ENOSPONSOR)

If I am not wrong (otherwise please do correct me) such a package would
enter testing on the normal way, and hence, would be part of the
upcoming stable release.

You're wrong. Assuming that the RC bugs are not present in testing already, the testing scripts will not allow the package to migrate. Tagging bugs as pending does not stop them being RC and makes no difference to their impact on testing migration.

If the package in testing is RC buggy it will get removed by the release team before release anyway.

Adam