Raphael Hertzog writes ("Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg
maintenance)"):
> It starts with two very big commits touching almost all files
> and is followed by many small commits which have ubuntu changelog entries
> as commit log (and thus the "summary line" is useless).
> It also contains invalid email address in some "Author" fields.

Well, I'm sorry that not all of my early commit entries are ideal.
Note that the wrong email address was due to a bug in Debian's git.

But, is it really worth the effort to go back and edit revision logs
now ?  And if I do so, will I disrupt merging any less than if I
rebase ?

Ian.