Le Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 12:15:17PM +0100, Julien BLACHE a écrit :
> Charles Plessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> He doesn't have to use unstable. He can use pinning for this specific
> package.

Sure, and he can also use dpkg -i. The question is: why should we ask
him to make the effort?

For the moment, the answer is:

  As a side effect trying to build ghc6 on MIPS, many (hundreds?) other
  packages are blocked from migrating to testing for more than a month.

Clearly, in the conflict of interest between the ghc6 MIPS users, and
the testing users on other arches, a choice has been made, of which I am
unhappy.

I ask:
  - Who is in charge for taking such a decision ?
  - Where can I appeal ?

These broken buildds are like a broken car in the middle street. People
would be happy to push it to the next car station, but if the driver
says that he will not move his car until somebody will repair it, he can
expect the people in the traffic jam to be annoyed.

> Stop whining.
C'est celui qui le dit qui l'est. What do you expect when posting such
sentence on this mailing list?

Bon dimanche,

--
Charles Plessy